1. In large salad bowl, combine all ingredients except almonds and flowers. Top with a light vinaigrette dressing, (see Fresh Herb Vinaigrette Dressing) and sprinkle with almonds and Feta cheese. Garnish with edible flowers.
Makes 5 salad-size servings
1. Cook bowtie pasta according to directions, drain and set to side.
2. In a medium saute pan on medium heat, cook ham in 1 Tbl olive oil until edges are crispy and brown, about 8-10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, ham, arugula, remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cheese. Toss until pasta is well coated, and serve.
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook until onion softens, about 4 minutes. Add chicken cubes and continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken stock, Italian parsley and thyme. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer, covered, for an additional 10 minutes. Add noodles, and simmer uncovered until noodles are done, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 (Serve with crusty French bread)
1. In large stockpot bring vegetable stock to boil.
2. In the meantime, in heavy skillet, heat oil, add onion and saute until onion is soft (about 3-5 minutes). Add ginger and garlic, and saute for additional 2 minutes. Add Italian parsley, lemon thyme, carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel and saute for additional 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add vegetable mixture to the boiling stock. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
4. Keeping pot handy, transfer soup to blender and puree. (may be done in two batches). Return soup to pot, add lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper if needed.